Thursday, January 3, 2013

Times....They are a Changing!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Yes, I'm late.....I know. But better late than never, right?

So what's new with us? A whole heck of a lot of stuff! But how would you know since I hardly ever post?! That should probably be a new year's resolution of mine. Yeah! What a great idea! Ok, I will post one time every week...maybe even more than that! ;)

Well, Ethan was on the phone tonight...with his GIRLFRIEND!! WHAT?! When did this happen? When did my "baby" get old enough to have a girlfriend? Actually, the truth is, he has had a girlfriend for a month or so. But he "broke up" with her today since another girl liked him. So, yes, my son is "going out" with a new girl and apparently talking on the phone. I gave him permission to go in my room so he could talk without his little brothers bothering him. And just who do you think is hiding in the corner trying to listen to Ethan's conversation? BRADLEY!!

I tell you what....Times....They are a changing around here!!

Guess what Carter ate for supper?! The child ate ROAST!! Yep, that's right! He ate a whole bunch of it and kept asking when I would cook it again. Ok, to most people this may not seem like a big deal. But in our house, it is success!! But why, you ask! ;) Carter is not a fan of red meat. Actually, he isn't a big eater at all. He eats like a bird. So, to watch that boy devour his roast and green beans made this momma so happy!

Not to leave out Bradley, but I don't think there is anything new with that boy. Maybe just the fact that he is getting more goofy by the day. He is quite the character!

And our sweet little Aubrey and the adoption. I realized the other day after talking to a friend, that I never updated everyone on the status of our adoption. We finally received our LOA(Letter of Approval) from China. HOORAY!!!!!! We waited so long for that one piece of paper. Thank you God for that LOA!! So now I can say that we are in the final stages of our journey to Aubrey. We are currently waiting on I800 approval from USCIS. (Approval from immigration that she will be an immediate relative) I'm hoping that will come next week. Then just a few more steps and we will be leaving on a jet plane!!! YAY!!! As of right now, we are hoping to travel in March.

Today Jeremy and I ordered another care package to send to her. In that package is a teddy bear, a blanket, a toy, a new outfit, a camera, candy/nuts for the caregivers, and a pillow with our picture on it. We also paid for a call to the orphanage. I am hoping we will get some updated measurements...something...anything!! This momma wants to hear something soon.
I just told Jeremy earlier, I can't wait for the day that I can stick her in the buggy at Target and buy her something and give it to her right then!! Not have to mail it halfway across the world!! Soon, baby girl....soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment