Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shopping, Shamian Island and Much More!! :)

Well, I haven't blogged in a few days. Sorry! :( So let me catch you up on what has been going on!

Sunday was a day full of shopping. For the morning, we went shopping with Ann. Let me just say, she is wonderful!! We absolutely LOVED her! She got us some great deals and was lots of fun!
Shopping for pearls for JuJu's wedding day!
 Shopping for jade!

 

 We even took a taxi back to our hotel all by ourself! Yay for us! :) We spent the afternoon shopping with our group. But we actually only bought one thing. We mainly went just to socialize with everyone.
I love my little banana eating girl!

No matter what her medical file says, this girl does NOT like water!! ;)

Monday we went to Shamian Island for some more shopping. Those that have adopted before know this place well. It is the place all adopted families would stay because this is where the consulate was located. Since the consulate moved, families no longer stay there. We were only supposed to be there for about two hours. But our guide told us all that we were more than welcome to stay longer. We could just take a taxi back to the hotel. Shamian Island is GREAT! There are quite a few shops and a restaurant called Lucy's that is fantastic! We had a wonderful time there!
 Let me just explain this outfit a little to you. Isn't the skirt cute? That's what I thought! Well, that is NOT what JuJu thought. SHE DID NOT LIKE THE SKIRT!!! I repeat....DID NOT LIKE THE SKIRT!! Well, Miss Priss, you are gonna wear this skirt and you will like it!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get an AMEN?! So she wore the skirt! But I compromised with the shoes. I had some cute silver ballet flats. But nooooo, she wanted her tennis shoes.

This is the famous little statue that everyone makes their child take a picture with :)
And here is JuJu's friend, Meili Joy.
 

Lunch at Lucy's!


 Wait for me, JuJu!!
This girl LOVES noodles!
I don't think you have enough food, Jeremy!
Silly Girl!
This is some of our travel group. We took a picture with everyone today. Hopefully we will get it soon.
JuJu being silly in the lobby of the hotel.
Monday evening we went on a river boat cruise along the Pearl River. The lights were beautiful!
 

 

 The bromance!
 
 

Too much cruisin' for my JuJu!

Tuesday morning(today) we had Aubrey's consulate appointment. Finally!!! Woohoo!! No phones or cameras were allowed. So I have no pictures to show from this morning.

Lunch at Tekila's with some friends!
 This afternoon we visited the Guangzhou Zoo. This zoo has nothing on the Audubon Zoo, but it was still nice. JuJu slept most of the time we were there.

The men with their babies!
 



Sleeping beauty!

 
Tomorrow afternoon we will get Aubrey's visa, and then we will have a van take us to Hong Kong to spend the night. Thursday we will start our long journey HOME!!! I have really enjoyed our time here in Ch*na. We have learned so much about the culture. And I can't wait to share it all with Aubrey. We are so blessed to have her as our daughter. And a HUGE thank you to our parents and friends who have taken such great care of our boys while we have been gone. There is nothing I can say or do so you will know how appreciative we are for what you have done. It has been such a blessing to know that they are being so well taken care of and loved while we have been gone. I can't wait to get home to them!!!!!!! Love you boys!!!!!!!!!!

Last night in Ch*na people!! Tomorrow we will be in Hong Kong!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment